Are you getting the most out of your toothbrush? If not, you are not alone. Thousands of people brush their teeth and still struggle with oral health. That is why our team here at Dr. Jose-Luis Ruiz, DDS & Associates, Inc. wants to talk to you about the importance of caring for your toothbrush so you know how to assist your teeth better. Here are a few simple steps to care for your toothbrush, which can help keep your oral health in tip-top shape. These steps include:
– Do not use or share toothbrushes from someone else.
– Always be sure to keep your toothbrush in a fresh air environment and avoid keeping it in closed containers.
– Make sure your toothbrush is the proper size and shape, so it can fit into your mouth easily and reach all areas for cleaning efficiently.
– Always keep your toothbrush clean and stored in an upright position.
– Look for toothbrushes that are ADA-approved with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Don’t let toothbrushes touch or come into contact with one another, as this can cause cross-contamination.
– Always use a toothbrush with soft bristles. Toothbrushes with hard bristles can damage your gums.
– Try to replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months or earlier if necessary. Children’s toothbrushes need to be replaced more often.
A clean toothbrush is imperative for a clean mouth. If you have any questions or concerns or need to book an exam or professional cleaning, contact your dentist at Dr. Jose-Luis Ruiz, DDS & Associates, Inc.. If you would like to schedule a visit with Dr. Dr. Jose-Luis Ruiz, please call us at 818-558-4332, or visit our office in Burbank, California. We look forward to making your smile even better this holiday season!